Guests on the Sunday political talk shows are dedicated to analyzing Thursday GOP debate, with many of them being the candidates themselves. ABC’s This Week packs the most with John Kasich, Mike Huckabee and Rick Perry. Sen. Marco Rubio will appear on Meet The Press and Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders (emphatically not a Republican) will appear on Face The Nation. With all of the excitement over Carly Fiorina’s performance at the 5:00 slot Thursday, one might expect more appearances than on Fox New Sunday and CNN’s State of the Union.
UPDATE 8/8/15: CNN’s State of the Union has now added Donald Trump to their line-up following his comments about Megan Kelly.
Full line-up below. What catches your eye?
- NBC’s Meet The Press: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL); Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO); Martin Luther King, III; Andrew Young, former U.N. ambassador; David Brooks, The New York Times; Hugh Hewitt, radio show host; Heather McGhee, Demos
- CBS’ Face The Nation: Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT); Dr. Ben Carson, Republican presidential candidate; Reince Priebus, Republican National Committee Chair; Cornell William Brooks, NAACP president; Susan Page, USA Today; Jonathan Martin, The New York Times; Michael Gerson, The Washington Post; Ed O’Keefe, The Washington Post
- ABC’s This Week: Mike Huckabee, Republican presidential candidate; Gov. John Kasich (R-OH); Rick Perry, Republican presidential candidate; Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ); Matthew Dowd, ABC News; Donna Brazile, Democratic strategist; Sara Fagen, Republican strategist; Mark Halperin, Bloomberg Politics; John Heilemann, Bloomberg Politics
- Fox News Sunday: Carly Fiorina, Republican presidential candidate; George Will, syndicated columnist; Lisa Lerer, Associated Press; Laura Ingraham; Charles Lane, The Washington Post
- CNN’s State of the Union: Carly Fiorina, Republican presidential candidate; Gov. John Kasich (R-OH); Donald Trump, Republican presidential candidate