Some of today explained, in numbers…
- Rick Perry burned through cash, down to $44,000 as his campaign came to an end.
- President Obama announced 9,800 troops will remain in Afghanistan through most of 2016, before dropping down to approximately 5,500.
- Also in Afghanistan: In a five month period, nearly 90% of people who died in airstrikes were not the Americans’ direct target, despite being under the guise of “targeted killing.”
- Sex supplements send 617 people to the ER each year.
- For the first time in 40 years, there will be no Social Security cost-of-living increase.