Earlier this year, former Arkansas governor and current GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said at the 2015 National Religious Broadcasters Convention in Nashville, Tennessee that he wished he could have pretended to be transgender in high school “when it came time to take showers in PE.”
1. Mitch McConnell’s Trump Calculation
Jane Mayer at The New Yorker takes a deep dive on the risk of McConnell’s refusal to restrain the chief executive of the United States.
2. 500,000+ Zoom Accounts Are For Sale on the Dark Web
Credentials of individuals and high-profile companies like Chase have been swept up, marking a new headache for the videoconferencing giant.
3. Bernie Sanders Endorses Joe Biden
Sanders told Biden, “We need you in the White House,” during a teleconference. But how many of his supporters heard him?
4. Paul Manafort Is Seeking Prison Release Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Trump’s former campaign manager claims he is “high risk.”
5. Joe Biden Could Get a Critical Boost From a Black VP Pick
New polling suggests Biden could garner more enthusiasm among black voters in battleground states by picking a black woman.
6. Sanofi and GSK Partner on COVID-19 Vaccine
The Sanofi-GlaxoSmithKline vaccine will enter clinical trials later in 2020, but still won’t be available until late 2021.
Don't miss exclusive analysis plus the best of governmentality each week