Some of today explained, in numbers…
- Rand Paul’s political future is in the hands of 340 Central Committee members in Kentucky, who will decide if Rand Paul can simultaneously run for president and his Senate seat — a current violation of electoral rules in the state.
- Rogue drones are becoming increasingly problematic across the U.S. and Americans are expected to buy 700,000 of them this year, a 63 percent increase from 2014.
- Genetically modified foods are not safe, according to 57% of U.S. adults.
- China’s exports fell by 8.3% in July compared to last year. The country devaluing its currency helps exporters sell Chinese goods abroad.
- Rick Perry only raised $1.1 million in the second quarter. And that’s why he had to stop paying staffers in South Carolina.