Guests on the Sunday talk shows indicate that the legal challenges President Donald Trump is facing on multiple fronts will be the focus of discussion. That’s in no small part due to the headaches caused by Rudy Giuliani—the very man Trump brought on board to ease legal pressure. For now, the president seems to have some patience, defending Giuliani as a “good guy” who had “started yesterday” and will “get his facts straight.” Giuliani will appear on ABC’s This Week.
The ever-entertaining Michael Avenatti will hit the trifecta by discussing developments in the Stormy Daniels case and Michael Cohen’s place in it on NBC’s Meet The Press, CBS’ Face The Nation and ABC’s This Week. Other topics for the Sunday morning political shows include developments in the North Korea-South Korea talks, the nomination of Gina Haspel for CIA director and the Russia investigation led by Robert Mueller.
Full Sunday talk show line-up below. What catches your eye?
- NBC’s Meet The Press: Alan Dershowitz, Harvard Law School; Michael McFaul, former ambassador to Russia; Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels lawyer
- CBS’ Face The Nation: Gen. Michael Hayden; Kim Darroch, British Ambassador to the U.S.; Jonathan Turley, George Washington University; Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels lawyer; Shawna Thomas, Vice; Ed O’Keefe, CBS News; Nancy Youseff, Wall Street Journal; Ben Domenech, The Federalist
- ABC’s This Week: Rudy Giuliani, Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels lawyer
- Fox News Sunday: Joseph diGenova, former U.S. attorney; Lanny Davis, former White House special counsel; Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-TX); Guy Benson, Townhall; Gillian Turner, Fox News; Jonathan Swan, Fox News; Juan Williams, Fox News
- CNN’s State of the Union: Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO); Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA); Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY); Rick Santorum; S.E. Cupp, HLN; Patti Solis Doyle, political strategist